2012年2月15日

Witness - Twenty Years From Tomorrow


lyrics
I once dreamt of brown stone building with a front porch 
Mandevilla vine wound around the rungs 
Summer dress on a bedroom floor 
You pressed close enough to me to feel the breath in my lungs 
Until we walk down Lyndale 
Almost lockstep 
Not too slow 
But, just enough for progress 
Time was wasted debating all of them odds and ends 
Ain't no floating this river, baby, we gotta swim 
You were born in July 
I was born December 19, 1980-Orwell 
The years came and they went 
But the chains of events 
Sparked a change in the wind 
And now we're sharing a doorbell? 
We returned to the haven that we created 
And later we laid in the shade with lemonade in the backyard 
The sun faded and when i looked at the paper 
It's twenty years in the future 
I knew we would make it that far 


i once dreamt of a blonde haired girl beneath the bus stop 
When we were both still young and eyes bright 
Somebody told me that she lived around the corner 
I was knocking on her door like, "Hey do you wanna ride bikes?" 
Those summers always seemed to smother under winter 
My mother would make me bundle up with gloves to cover up my fingers 
But she had none, when we were playing make believe 
And when I tried to hold her hand 
That's when she ran away from me 
Damn 
Well that was my first bee sting 
Next few years tried to find her each spring 
But these things rarely ever come to closure 
Never got her new address before she left for Minnesota 
I don't suppose you know her and it's just coincidence 
But if it's what I think it is then this is just the start 
The only difference is I never really knew her 
Til twenty years in the future 
But knew we would make it this far 

I once dreamt and the world wondered when I planned to wake

沒有留言:

張貼留言